Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hello, learn and think together

This is my first trek into the blogosphere. I am reminded of my first months of teaching a Sunday school class more than 28 years ago. I really did not believe that I had anything to add because I was sure that all of the students in my class already knew the Bible. After a year or so, I realized that the students, at least most of them, knew less than I did. So, from there on, we learned together. Now, having said all that, I don't expect to be writing anything that might be considered earth shattering, mind boggling, divinely inspired or life changing to the max. My only desire is to maybe cause some reader to think. To question. Not doubt their Christianity, but to maybe see a view that would allow for more closeness with God and a desire to serve. I hope that I would be accepted as a fellow learner as we all travel down the path toward total sanctification. A deeper appreciation of God's gift and Christ's sacrifice. I hope and pray that God blesses you more each day.

-Jim Capps

No comments:

Post a Comment